Tuesday, January 23, 2024

Serial Novel: Modern Vikramathithan: Chapter One: I, Vikramathithan, Speak!

 Serial Novel: Modern Vikramathithan!


Chapter One: I, Vikramathithan, Speak!


My name is Vikramathiththan. People who know me well even call me 'Modern Vikramathiththan.' My short name is Vikraman, and I never get tired. Similar to Vikramathiththan, who tirelessly climbs up the murungai tree (drumstick tree) again and again without fatigue to retrieve the dead body and descends without tiring, I also face challenges tirelessly.

Each time I encounter failure, it doesn't deter me from trying again and again. In that sense, I am like him. That's why my close friends call me 'Naveena Vikramathiththan.' 'Naveena' means 'Modern' in Tamil. I never tire of trying new things, even if they result in failure. In fact, if you think that during these circumstances, I feel happy, that would be a nice thought, I believe. I don't have any objections to that.I have a great desire to think, appreciate, and read about existence. Our presence in the universe is both monumental and trivial. Thinking brings me happiness, understanding, and clarity.

Who's laughing at me
from the inside?
Every time, this laughter
becomes your habit.
In the expanding space-time,
your laugh, the patterns created by you,
or your cunning narrative
are not new to me.

In the layers of the night sky,
looking at your adventurous laughter,
each night I feel it in the stars,
in their strengths.
But success always belongs to you.

May it always rain in your forest.
For that, getting depressed
is not my character.
But,
even winning you
is not my major desire.
But,
understanding you
is my major desire.

Understanding your limit
due to the light rays,
I have an ability
to transcend the limit.
Do you understand it?

Space, speed, and gravity
determine your existence.
In this situation,
you, clucking, say you are an
independent.
Any meaning to your arrogance?
Left, right, up, and down
in dimensions,
you show only one.
When do you give an answer
to your riddle?
When do you show your other side?

Sun, stars, do they ever rest?
Then why should I?

No matter how many times
you laugh at me from
inside,
I keep trying.
I keep trying to find an answer to your
riddles.

Is Vikramathiththan the only one
who keeps trying?
Even Vethalam laughs at him from inside.


"Hi, friend. What is your deep thought?"

The voice interrupted my thinking. I turned around to see who had interrupted my thinking.

A poet, a 'great' poet, was there looking at me.

By selecting appropriate words, he is clever in creating poems from sad feelings. The feelings he expresses in his poems do not come from his unconscious mind but from his arrogant expressions in his conscious mind. He is very clever in selecting words. In that sense, he is not a great poet but a great pandit, a learned man. While I appreciate his poetic lines, I couldn't appreciate his arrogance of his knowledge. He knows that but never bothers about it.

[to be continued]

* The legendary indian  King Vikramathihan is supposed to capture a Vetala, a spirit that hangs upside-down from a tree and inhabits dead bodies. King Vikramathithan faces difficulties in capturing the Vetala. Each time he tries to capture the Vetala, it tells a story that ends with a riddle. If he cannot answer the question correctly, the Vetala agrees to remain in captivity. If the king knows the answer but still keeps quiet, then his head shall burst into a thousand pieces. And if King Vikrama answers the question correctly, the Vetala would return to its tree. He knows the answer to every question. The cycle of catching and releasing the Vetala continues. King Vikramathithan keeps trying to bring down the Vetala without tiring.


No comments:

Post a Comment

A Global Citizen's Concerns About the Current Israel-Palestine Conflict!

If you look at history, the struggles of oppressed people often prevail in the end, though at times it may seem otherwise. Sometimes, armed ...