Sunday, January 14, 2024

My New York Experience and the Memory of a Street Artist!


This portrait of me was drawn by a street artist in the early eighties in New York. I don't know his name, but I still keep this drawing as a souvenir of that time. It's a pencil drawing, and surprisingly, it's still in good shape. Amazing!

One evening, I was roaming through the city near New York State University. On the pavement of American Avenue, a few street artists were busy drawing portraits, except for one. He was alone, looking for a customer. I started a small talk with him and inquired about the fee. He told me, 'Whatever you have, give it to me. Even if you don't have any money, that would be fine too. Please sit on the chair; I will draw a portrait of you. You will be a model to attract new customers.' 

I was happy and accepted his kind offer. He started to draw, and I felt so pleased. The city and its people looked so nice. Thinking that I was in the world-famous city of historical significance made me happy.

While he was drawing, curious onlookers started to assemble around us. Since the location was near the university, many students were among them. One of them, a female student, mocked me, saying, 'You look so nice in the drawing compared to your real appearance.' I kept my smile to myself, but I liked her comment. 

This drawing is very valuable to me. It's a time machine for me to travel back to that time. It's a reminder of the city and its people. Each time I look at this drawing, I feel happy and satisfied. I think about how beautiful life is and how wonderful people are!


No comments:

Post a Comment

A Global Citizen's Concerns About the Polarized Current World

One thing I don't understand is why not only extremist Jewish people but also ordinary Jewish people, from billionaires to US congressme...