Tuesday, February 20, 2024

JFK: A CHARISMATIC PERSONALITY


Charismatic personalities attract us immediately when we see their faces. Before we consider their positives and negatives, they enter our hearts, much like how, without any apparent reasons based on our unconscious minds' feelings, we are drawn to certain flowers, colors, or birds. JFK (John F. Kennedy) is such a personality in my life. 

The first time I saw his charismatic face was on the cover of his biography written in Tamil, published by Vikatan publisher from Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India. It was displayed at a convenience store at the Jaffna Railway station, and I was with my mother at that time.

Right away, I liked JFK's smiling face, and I immediately insisted that my mother buy the book. Initially, she refused, but after my continuous insistence, she finally purchased the book. It was a well-published book on good quality paper with many beautiful photos of JFK and his family.

In the list of USA presidents, two of my most favorites are JFK and Abraham Lincoln. JFK's "Don't ask what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country" is a powerful phrase. There is a song in a Tamil movie that uses these words. Like lightning, his life was very brief, but his legacy is a lasting one. We still think about him and his words.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Global Citizen's Concerns About the Polarized Current World

One thing I don't understand is why not only extremist Jewish people but also ordinary Jewish people, from billionaires to US congressme...